LittleWhiteFeathers.com ('We') are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with our TERMS & CONDITIONS, sets out how we use and protect any information that you give us when you use this website. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is LittleWhiteFeathers.com, 50, Walnut Grove, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 4HX.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it on our website and via our social media platforms. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (LittleWhiteFeathers.com). We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a competition, respond to a survey or marketing communication such as an email, or participate in another site feature.
- When registering an account with us or ordering, we may ask you for your name, email address, demographic informations such as billing address (& delivery address, if different), phone number, or credit/debit card information. You may, however, visit our site AS A GUEST without having to register an account.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfil the gift purchase.
The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- We may also ask you to complete customer surveys that we use for research/marketing purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may also collect non-personal information from you, such as:
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our site
- the type of browser software you are using
- the date and time you access our site
- the web address, if any, that linked you to our site
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions.
The information you provide enables us to process your order and to provide you with the best possible service from our site.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, tablet or mobile device
- To personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested, and we may contact you about these by post
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To quickly process your transactions
(your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested).
- To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature
- If you have opted-in to join our Newsletter, we may send you periodic promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information
(the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc).
PLEASE NOTE: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails,
click the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the footer of any of our marketing emails.
DO WE USE 'COOKIES'?
We also use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit/debit card information, the information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information is NEVER sold to any other company and is kept completely private. We do not share, sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below.
The term ‘outside parties’ does not include LittleWhiteFeathers.com. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Once you have agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously ordered with us or signed up to our Newsletter, you have agreed to receive our marketing campaigns via your email address provided for direct marketing purposes. You may change your mind at any time and can unsubscribe to these emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the footer of any of our marketing emails.
We will not share, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email: email@example.com or write to us: LittleWhiteFeathers.com, 50, Walnut Grove, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 4HX as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment through Shopify
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
We advise that you check this page regularly to keep up to date with any necessary changes.
This policy is effective from 24th May 2018.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please also visit our TERMS & CONDITIONS section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.